The summer is no time to be stuck in the kitchen, so whizz up this quick, easy and comforting dish from Negozio Classica and get back out into the garden.
Chloe is the member of restaurant staff who dreamt up the dish one day to satisfy a craving. It’s now a firm favourite with Negozio Classica customers.
Gnocchi Chloe – Serves 4
- 500g gnocchi
- 250g pancetta (or smoked bacon), chopped
- 200g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 250g burrata (or buffalo mozzarella)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 10 sage leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pecorino Romano to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the pancetta, cherry tomatoes and salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the gnocchi, following instructions on the packet.
- Add a cup of water to the pancetta and tomatoes, followed by the sage.
- Drain the gnocchi and add it to the pan. Tear in the burrata, add grated pecorino and stir well until a creamy consistency develops.
- Serve hot with a twist of pepper and more grated pecorino.
Negozio Classica offer perfect wine pairings for this dish (prices are for takeaway purchases). Red white or sparkling, the choice is yours.
- Brunello Montalcino (2011, £42.99)
- Avini Bianco IGT (2015, £13.99)
- Etna Bianco (2013, £22.99)
- Prosecco spumante col d’orato extra dry DOC (£14.99)
See facebook.com/negozioclassicaprimrosehill (and see Marketplace)
Photography by Sarah Louise Ramsay www.slrphotography.co.uk
While you are here, please do take our reader survey and a chance to win a Fortnum & Masons hamper