As the people of Ukraine suffer unimaginable hardships, our residents are pooling together ways we can help. Here is a list of suggestions, mainly collated from the the Primrose Hill Community Group on Facebook. If anyone knows of any other initiatives, please send them over to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Primrose Hill and Belsize Park communities have come together to organise a local collection at the Primrose Hill Community Library, details of which are below:
Newman Catholic College NW10 3RN are arranging a collection of clothing:
Tuesday & Wednesday 5pm-7pm
Everything must be new
Adult’s, children’s and baby’s clothing required
They urgently need:
Underwear, socks, warm clothing, medications, bandages, first-aid kits, hygiene products, toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors, energy bars, sleeping bags, blankets, towels, pillows, nappies, baby wipes, baby formula, baby bottles.
Thermal clothing, protein bars, bandages, dressings, first-aid kits, torches, batteries, shortwave radios, generators, masking nets, heaters.
Help Ukraine Emergency Appeal
Anna Dezyk is organising this fundraiser on behalf of the Association of Ukranians in Great Britain. Your donation will be used to fund immediate emergency and ongoing needs.
You can donate on: www.gofund.me/22b0fbf1
Here is a list of NGOs who are urgently raising money for a variety of causes:
- NGO that aids traumatised children: www.voices.org.ua/en/
- Foundation that assists healthcare and educations in eastern Ukraine: www.razomforukraine.org/projects/zhadan/
- NGO that assists internal refugees: www.unitedhelpukraine.org/
- NGO that arranges life saving equipment for Ukrainian soldiers: www.savelife.in.ua/en/donate
- NGO that assistants internal refugees, especially from Crimea: www.peaceinsight.org/en/organisations/crimea-sos/?location=ukraine&theme
- For those working at the frontline: www.facebook.com/hospitallers/posts/2953630548255167
@nidhimakohli on Instagram has an urgent appeal to help Ukranian refugees in Moldova. They’re collecting items (see below) and the first vans are leaving on FRIDAY.
Drop off items 9am-8pm until Friday. Details can be found here.
Here is a further links with suggestions:
The following post on Twitter has more charities listed: