There are always opportunities to help out with the production of On The Hill magazine. If you have anything you think you can offer, do get in touch with us on the link below.
The Primrose Hill Community Association (PHCA) has existed for 43 years, promoting the wellbeing of Primrose Hill people through activities for all ages at the community centre in Hopkinson’s Place. The Primrose Hill Community Library was saved from closure in 2012 and continues to be run by the Community Association. The association also runs the Neighbourhood Nosh project, feeding people in need in our community, organises a summer fair in Chalcot Square, runs events and online events and publishes a magazine On The Hill.
PHCA receives no running costs grant and raises money through donations, renting its premises and events, with great local support.
On The Hill Volunteer Job Description
Aim: To help with the compilation of On The Hill
- Suggesting articles which may be of interest to the community
- Writing articles for the magazine.
- Taking photographs of local events which can be used in the magazine.
- Helping to secure advertising (commission based).
Variable, an hour or so a week. OTH is currently running quarterly print issues and weekly online articles.
- Writing skills
- Photography skills and willingness to take photos at events
- Experience of handling ads
- Interest in community activities
What you would gain:
Knowledge of what is going on locally
Commission for any ads brought in
On The Hill Editor: Maggie Chambers
If interested please get in touch with [email protected]